Mayaswell is the collected professional coding work of David Karla. He is available for freelance work in C/C++, Java, and a range of web
technologies covering the full stack.
- A selection of open source code in C++ and Java is available on Github
- A selection of sources for current android projects is available on
Bitbucket. The support libraries are publically accessible, and the main
application projects themselves are private, but can be viewed on request.
- Current musical works are principally on Soundcloud. A selection of longer mixes and
more edgy material is on Mixcloud
- An11ma, a hybrid arts and contemporary improvisation project.
- cat /dev/null: remnants of historical work dating back to 1992.
Our main active coding project is a suite of audio applications for Android. Currently this includes
- Space Gun is a simple but highly configurable sampler application.
It is suitable for phones and tablets, holds groups of arbitrary length samples which can all be played simultaneously, features a wide range of effects and filters and modulators, and makes
extensive (and configurable) use of all a device's sensors. It features a multi touch X-Y control pad and mappable ribbon controllers.
- Orbital Laser is a fully featured beat oriented sample
slicer/player. It features a wide range of effects and filters and modulators applicable to individual slices or to a sample as a whole.
Other recent projects have included web based games in html and flash/actionsctipt, principally for online gaming sites.
- PachKinko, a cheeky version of the japanese gambling game Pachinko.
- PillChinko, an even cheekier version of the japanese gambling game Pachinko.
- Bonus Balls, a 2 spinner variation of pachinko, installed for a gaming site in the philipines.
- PremierChinko, football themed version of the dual spinner Pachinko engine.
- Gamewall, a 3d front end for a gaming site. Navigate via mouse and arrow keys.
- GoalBuster, sports betting game, front end.
- Burstin Balls: a shape based matching game, installed for a gaming site in the philipines.
- Combat games, displaying the result of a bet as a generative combat style game. Installed in philipines.
- Bingo Games, installed for a gaming site in the philipines.
- Slots, installed for a gaming site in the philipines.
- Scratch Card Games, installed for a gaming site in the philipines.
- Basic Chance/Select, installed for a gaming site in the philipines.
- Market Buster, prototype for a 'sports' betting game based on stock market indices.
Site background, "High Density Living" © Beaming Productions. Props!